Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Age is nothing but a state of mind. . . .

How Old Are You?

Personally, at this moment,
I have no idea how old I am.
I do remember a few milestone birthdays -
You know, 18, 21, 40 . . .
But in my head, nothing ever changed.
I keep wondering
When everyone is going to catch on
To the fact that for the last thirty years
I've been masquerading as an adult.

Perhaps we are, like the old saying goes,
"Only as old as we feel."
In that case,
I'll stay lost in my bewilderment . . .
'Cause really, life is what we make it, and
Age is nothing but a state of mind.
-Suzy Toronto

This is totally me! I must be about 17 or 18 years old, I guess. Yes, I have been masquerading as an adult and, actually, I think everybody that knows me well knows that I have been. I am trapped in a body that is much older than my mind. Heck, my 19 year old daughter is much older than I am.

I have heard that our souls are at different levels of progression. My soul is a very young soul and Brandilyn, Skip and Robbie all have much more mature and older souls. Brian and I are stuck in this teenager stage. I, personally, love it. It suits me. I NEVER want to grow up and I won't! So, Brian, let's rock on!

No comments: