Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday September 7, 2008

Brandilyn & Davd got married on August 2nd. We are so happy to have David as part of our family. It is taking some getting used to having a son-in-law in our family but we love David. He is so great for Brandilyn. I have had a lot of emotion connected with my baby girl getting married. She is my bestest girlfriend and it is a difficult adjustment having her live far away - and permanently.
David slid right into the family groove, however. He goes golfing with Skip and rides horses and bikes with me. I have a lot of trouble finding a horseback riding buddy and David was up for the job. We have been on some awesome rides together and had some fun adventures.
As for bike riding, David kicks my tail. My favorite part of riding with this dynamo is drafting him (that's if I can catch up). We went on a great ride last week on Thursday. We logged 40 miles (well, 40.02) on our bikes and rode out to the sand dunes by Rexburg. It was a great ride - wind and all.
I just got home yesterday from my visit with the newlyweds who were very gracious about letting me stay in their apartment. I was diligent in following the 3-day rule for fish and guests - after 3 days they must go! I am happy to be home to my family and the challenges that go along with it.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

aw i'm so happy you have a blog!! i wish i were able to help you set it all up and show you the few tricks i know. if you go to my blog, you can find the links to shauna and dereks blogs too. call me sometime and i'll walk you through how to add their links to the side of your blog.