Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jamin'

Yesterday my friend, Nancy, gave me a jar (unlabeled) of boysenberry jam. For my birthday, my daughter Brandilyn also gave me a jar of special jam - I think Huckleberry. Anyway, I have hoarded these two jars. I am hiding them and using them for my own selfish, personal pleasure. As my whole wheat English muffin is warming in the toaster, I am giddy with anticipation of how it is going to glide down my throat with that delicious jam spread liberally atop.

As I sit here at my computer enjoying my guilty indulgence, I have to ponder . . . am I wrong in keeping this decadence to myself? Can this relate to other aspects of my life? Do I keep what is good to myself and not share it? Does this make me a self centered and selfish individual? On some levels the answer would be yes. But then there is always the question of what my obnoxious teenage boys would do to my little stash of heaven. So when that little fact is thrown into my equation, I have to rethink my answer.

So . . . YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! I am selfish and self-centered and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I LOVE BEING SELFISH. I LOVE BEING SELF-CENTERED! I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER share my jam. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever!

Oh, sorry, I got carried away. Was this really about a English muffin and jam?

No comments: