Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Let Go!

My yoga instructor walks around the room as we are all in meditation quietly giving us instructions. She tells us to raise the crown of our head toward the sky and sink our tailbones deep into the earth. Let your shoulders glide down your back as you let your spine grow tall. She then says, "Just let go. Let go. Let go." So, what does that mean to "let go"?

I decided to meditate on this idea for a bit and realized that it isn't just the physical, although that is a great start. Letting go of the tightened muscles immediately releases the areas we are trying to target at any given time. That in and of itself was an amazing discovery for me.

I, then, explored other areas of my "universe" and realized that, wow, this is HUGE! If there was someway that I could let go of the chatter (or chitra in my yoga world) in my mind, I was able to access the areas that held vast amounts of information that I have taken in over the years. I have been so numbed by the constant flow of "chitra" that I have always thought I had no "memory" capabilities!

So, here I am, off to Vegas to commence my testing for Footzoning. I want to be able to do this Footzoning so bad but was struggling with retaining the mountains of information that are required for certification. Now, with my new secret super power, I am able to tap into the information that I have been taking in these past few months. We will see how this new power works.

Goodbye chitra! Hello smart me! Wish me luck as I "let go"!

No comments: