Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Are you kidding me???

So last night on our way to Back to School Night Skip informed me that I was being released from YW. It stung but I kinda knew it was coming. I hurt because I love the girls but, hey, out with the old and in with the new. I am washed up and they need to keep the "good people" in there.

Anway, I was then extended a new calling that really took the wind out of my sails. It was teaching Sunday School to the 16-17 year olds. Yes, I have been hitting my knees hard lately praying for my son (17 years old) and then the answer I get is to be his Sunday School teacher? Are you frickin' kidding me?? I don't think so. I burst into tears and haven't spoken much to my husband since.

You see, Skip is always put into a position of power over me. At work and at church. I feel that he has the "Oh, Jode can just do that" attitude regarding me. I resent it. For now, I am declining the call. I want to talk to the bishop and go to the temple. I honestly feel that someone else would be better suited for that calling. Someone who could make a difference in my son's life and maybe influence him for good.

Brandilyn says that I am pouting. Yes, that is true. The thought of being the teacher of the most unruly group in our ward is daunting but I can handle that. Don't want to but could do it. I promise, Brandilyn, that if I get a positive answer after sitting in the Celestial Room I will accept the call and magnify it to the best of my ability. It just doesn't feel right. Even after a night's sleep.

No comments: