Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Work in Progress

I rather surprised myself this morning by actually dragging my arse out of bed and doing my own yoga practice. I took the class that I wrote and, if I may say so myself, it wasn't half bad. Oh, I definitely would enjoy a class taught and created by another, more experience, teacher but I guess this is part of my learning process.

However, what I DID notice today was how UNflexible I have become since arriving here in Idaho. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that I've spent a lot of idle time enjoying my daughter and her amazing family. I wouldn't trade the most flexible, thin, strong body in the world for the time I've been allowed to enjoy this experience.

I was almost completely finished with my practice this morning and really feeling my age when it dawned on me that the heater in this room hasn't been working. In fact, the air conditioner was running and I was flipping cold. Wow, so "it's not just me!". Haha. Love that quote.

Now my next homework is to write yet another yoga sequence and make myself get up and practice that one tomorrow. Like one of my fellow classmates in class said a couple of weeks ago. "It's like having to go out back and cut your own switch." Ouch!

I do look so forward to the day when I can walk into a class and say, "so . . . what would we like to work on today?" and then be able to put a sequence together on the fly. Yes, that is when I will know that I've arrived.

No comments: