Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Granny Jo

I acquired that name a lot of years ago when Shauna Leigh had Allison. I wanted a "grandma" name that was mine so that I wouldn't step on any toes of other grandmas. Since then Cory and Sarah had Ava and I was safe being called Granny Jo. I love it when I see her and she gives me a hug and says, "Hi Granny Jo."

Several people, over the years, have criticized me naming myself that. I say phooey on them! They say that Granny is an old woman's name. Actually, I envision a wild older woman riding a Harley (not that actually see myself riding a Harley) on the highway and yelling "Woooweee!!" I'm that kind of a woman. I take life any way I can. I enjoy as many moments as I'm allowed and I love love LOVE to have a rippin great time.

Well, my little grandson was born this last Wednesday (3 days ago). He's an absolute joy and precious as can be (because what grandma doesn't think her grandchild is the greatest, right?). My daughter is an amazing mom and my son-in-law is a wonderful dad and husband to my Princess. I usually am not too fond of little babies but this little guy has captured my heart. Whenever Brandilyn has to do anything I'm so happy to hold him and snuggle.

So, I'm thinking my name of Granny Jo is absolutely perfect. I love it and it's staying the way it is. I'm so excited for little David Clark to grow up looking forward to his visits with Granny Jo. I'm also excited to spoil that little champ anyway I can. I'm proud of my daughter for being such an amazing calm mother (I never really had that gift when I started having children). Life is good.

No comments: