Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Jacob Math

Today Jacob came home with math homework. Me, being me, just sent him off to the dining room to do his homework while I prepared dinner. I then asked Jacob to go take a shower while I finished up getting dinner on the table. Jeff went out and grabbed Jacob's math homework just to take a "look see." After he started chuckling rather animately, Danielle and I asked what was so funny. He read us the following (there was more but these were two of the funniest).

 1. You have 12 cookies. You need to give 25% to your sister. How many did you give her?
 Jacob's answer: 1

 2. You need to carpet your room. It is 17' x 9'. How many square feet do you need?
 Jacob's answer: A lot

 When Jacob came back out from the shower, Jeff CALMLY started going over the math problems with Jake. When he got to the carpet question, he asked Jacob why he answered with "a lot". Jacob said, "Well, I didn't know what the shape of the room was."

Okay, I've seen some pretty hilarious stuff come from my children, but I do have to say this is pretty comical. So . . . here's the deal. Since I don't usually check on the twins homework because I'm into "natural" consequences, I have to wonder how and why Jacob seems to be pulling a steady "A" in math and every other subject, for that matter.

No comments: