Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Homework :(

I have so much homework it's ridiculous. We have a two week break (well it's ended for them but I'm still basking in the joy of being on break because I have the excuse of being a new grandma) from yoga teacher training and they gave us a bucket load of assignments. I'm sure it's all good stuff (I KNOW it is) but it's hella time consuming.

Danielle was lording over me like a task master at home to go back to my desk and do my homework. It worked, for the most part. I got quite a bit accomplished but I still have a lot to do. I thought I would get a bunch completed while I was here with Brandilyn but there's just been way too many distractions (duh!). However, Skip is leaving today so I should have a bit of quiet time in my hotel room.

I have learned a bit about myself from this experience (well, I think I've always known this about me - I've always just been in denial). When there is something looming that's not my favorite thing to do, I busy myself with a lot of other things and just keep pushing said task into the corner until it finally just screams so darn loud that I have to give it my attention. I also know another thing about myself. I usually always complete everything that I'm supposed to do but often it's in the 11th hour that I'm sprinting to the finish line. Looks like this may be one of those things.

So today I have a few exciting things happening because I still get to spend time with my grandson and daughter. I get to see my dear friend, Megs and I hopefully get to visit with Shauna Leigh and her family. I might get to go to Idaho Falls with Brandilyn to do a wee bit of shopping as her body and her baby will allow. However, I will come back to my QUIET hotel room (I say that because Skip loves TV and I don't and it's been a distraction) tonight and crank out some homework.

Sounds like a good plan anyway.

No comments: