Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Free Spirit

My job is to staff the childcare and the front desk for the yoga studio, Cosmic Dog Yoga. I love my job and I enjoy working in an environment with fellow yogis and yoginis. It maketh me to be exceedingly joyful. :)

I was out of town for two weeks and had one of my peeps take over the reins in my absence. She's amazing and I only got one call which I was able to easily deal with. However, when I waltzed in yesterday morning for my teacher training class, the Saturday morning front desk girl informed me that the childcare person for Saturdays isn't coming in anymore. What???

I was a bit annoyed by that and I asked her what the deal was. She said, "Well, she's one of these free spirited people..." I must have given her that look that says, "So, what's wrong with that?"

She then looked at me and got a knowing smile on her face and said, "Well, she's young."

That's right. There's NOTHING wrong with being free spirited or young, for that matter. However, when you commit to something I honestly feel that you should follow through or give plenty of notice that you are unable to fulfill your commitment. Not doing so is called "irresponsible" or "flaky", in my opinion.

I love being free spirited but I certainly hope that I'm not considered irresponsible or flaky. That would just give us free spirited people a bad rap, right?

No comments: