Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pandora's Pink Box

This is a quick little story but it makes me laugh nontheless . . .

The night before I left to head out here to Idaho I had a bunch of my things sitting on the kitchen counter. I had put my satchel there so that I wouldn't forget to bring it. It contains all of my homework that I'm supposed to be working on while I'm here with Brandilyn and Dave. Anyway, part of my homework is to practice yoga on a regular basis so to do that I needed to bring my mat and strap and blocks etc. One of my blocks is pink and I placed them on top of my satchel.

Danielle and I were chatting it up - probably finalizing the plans for the house, animals and children while I am away. As we were talking I saw the pink block out of the corner of my eye and my mind instantly flashed to "donut box." I then caught myself and started laughing as I courageously told Danielle what I had thought. She laughed and said, "I thought the same thing a bit ago too." Wow, the two of us are so fixated on food that our minds flash to donuts.

Funny thing is I haven't had a donut in over a year and before that it was about two years. Actually, I used to work in a donut shop and learned to hate the little devils like crazy. Later I rekindled my love of them but everytime I indulge I pay dearly so I just resist the urge. Besides, with a girth and bum like mine . . . well, there's no need to revisit that issue.

So then I'm flying down the highway on my way to Idaho and I have said yoga blocks sitting in the back window of my truck. Of course when I look out my rear view window what did I see? Yeah. Where did my crazy loco mind go? Yeah. Wow.

No comments: