Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Zinger!

Here's a good one that really shouldn't EVER be put in the Weltz history books. However, I'm just bold enough to write this one down anyway . . .

This morning while I was tacking up my horse to ride at the ranch along with my other ranch homies, I was chatting back and forth with my trainer. She was asking me about Brian and why I had to make a trip up to Idaho last week. I explained about his housing sitch and such and then made mention that we were kind of waiting to see what shakes out about his mission before we decide what the next step in his future was.

At that point one of my other fellow riders, Julie, popped up out of the blue and exclaimed, "Jody, are you a Mormon?"

I replied, "Um . . . yeah . . ."

My trainer then stated, "Well, Jody isn't just your mainstream Mormon. She's a bit rough around the edges."

Julie then came back with, "I am SHOCKED! I just am SHOCKED!!"

Holy crumb! I knew I slipped up every now and then but really? I mean, yeah, I let off a few words here and there when my ride isn't going the best but really? And, I WILL say that it IS the ranch and the talk there is rough at best anyway but really?

So then, my ride is going along. At one point I make a comment about how Black Horse is being a wee bit naughty. Julie then says . . . (drum roll, please, for the grand finale!) . . . "He just found out he has a Mormon on his back and really doesn't know what to do with that information!"

Bahahaha!! Good one!!!

Well, I did come away from that experience today a bit humbled. Also, I think I only let off one bad word when I totally biffed a course I was riding so that IS an improvement. Let me just say this . . . I'm a work in progress and I have quite a ways to go before I'm good to go!

No comments: