Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Extreme Yummification!

I did a big naughty not too long ago (I just seem to be full of confessions on this blog of late, lol). I popped into a McDonald's and caved in and scored a Mocha Frappacino. It has been said to be all the rage and I just had to see what the all the fuss was about. I have to tell you, it was absolutely delish! I even enjoyed the accompanying brain freeze (not really but the drink was WAY awesome).

Okay, so I wanted a "Mormonized" version of the same drink. I happened into a health food store in Idaho Falls while I was waiting for Megs and Bri to get their groceries at the Winco across the street. The woman in there was beyond accomodating. When I told her what I wanted, she said, "Well, let me call my daughter. She works at the Starbucks just down the street." Her daughter delivered the recipe and the two of us went to work modifying the recipe to fit my needs. I have to say that this has become my new favorite indulgence (since I'm on such a restricted diet that any treat is welcome).

Here's what we do:

In the blender (my Vitamix works wonders) I put the following:

Ice
1 extremely heaping spoon of organic cocoa powder
3 extremely heaping spoons of Pero or Cafix
1-2 dropper fulls of flavored Stevia (I like chocolate, peppermint or vanilla creme so far)
1/2 teaspoon of guar gum (holds it together, I guess)
Rice milk (or today it was coconut water and rice milk)

I blend this up until it's smooth (I hate ice chunks) and I have to tell you, I'm a happy camper!

1 comment:

Kensie said...

This sounds so delicious! & it's healthy yay! I am definitely going to have to try this out. =]