Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Miss It

You know how it goes. You don't really miss something till you have to do without it for a bit. Then you realize how wonderful it was to have it. I take so much for granted. I really do. Here's a few things that I currently miss and didn't really appreciate their presence in my existence until I lost them:

* Money. I'm not saying I have NO money because that simply isn't true. I'm just saying that I'm like the majority of Americans right now who lost a lot during this economic challenge and is now having to tighten the belt like I haven't had to since I was single and struggling from paycheck to paycheck. Oh financial comfort, how I miss thee

* Being thin. I know this sounds funny but it's so true. I (like most women my age) have gained a bucket load of weight in my last few years and now I must say that all of those years of making fun of myself and calling myself "fat" was not only extremely self destructive but simply not true. I would give a lot to be that weight again. However, I am now working with my doctor on a diet that has me cruising back in that direction at a really sweet clip.

* Time. Wow, this is a biggie. When those weeks drone by that I just come home in the middle of the day and piddle away at my chores I find myself getting restless for something more. Something that would allow me to get out and be with people and laugh and feed off their energy. Well, this week has been anything but mundane. I have gone busted bullets like heck! Today, I have a few errands to run this morning and then I'm home the rest of the day to prepare for our vacation and get caught up. I find my whole body just going, "Ahhhh!" Yes, I do appreciate time. I need to be satisfied with where I am and what I do.

There are a lot of other things. Like when I broke my ankle I must say that I never really appreciated the use of my feet. I still can't do all that I did but I'm so grateful for what I do have. It's a shame that we can't stop and really have gratitude for all that we have. There is so dang much that we just don't notice that we have.

So today, I'm gong to embrace this day (sure wish the sun were out, though, lol) and make the most of it. I have a lot of ground to still cover but I'm going to be grateful that I have a car to do it in, gas in the car and the health to make it to where I have to be. Right?

No comments: