Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Boom Boom and Shut UP!!

Two funny things (well, actually a LOT of funny things) happened on our vacation that I want to write about . . .

1. Brandilyn and I decided to rent cruiser bikes one last time to ride up and down the beach while the other ding dongs that we are related to decided to frolick in the waves of the sub zero temperature water (sorry, I like my water a bit on the warm side). Before we got going, I indicated that I needed to use the restroom so we rode our bikes to one of those public restrooms by the beach. Of course, there was a line that snaked out a bit because it was the women's room and that's just the way us women roll.

I was waiting and waiting and waiting behind this really cool looking woman with tattoos. When I got within earshot of the restroom I could hear what appeared to be a woman sitting in a stall just yaking away on her cell phone. This was a three hole restroom and the other two stalls were turning over just as fast as they could. I said to tattoo woman, "is she really just sitting in there gabbing on the phone while we are all waiting?" Tattoo (COOL tattoo) woman said to me, "yeah, she must be doing the boom boom in there, I guess."

Wait . . . . the 'boom boom'? I don't think I've ever heard of it called THAT before. I wanted to bust up laughing (because I find bodily function humor hilarious!) but I didn't. Tattoo hottie was next up in line and she had the stall next to boom boom and she yelled (of course boom boom was too busy gabbing to even have a hint of acknowledging her), "Hey, girlfriend in the handicap! Get off the phone and wrap it up in there. There's quite a few of us girls that need to relieve ourselves!"

Of course, when I left boom boom was still talking. Tattoo woman high fived me and said, "have a great day, girl" and I had a good chuckle.

2. Our family went into a yogurt shop for a treat on our last night of vacation. I got to chatting with another woman in line as we were serving up our yogurt and, for whatever reason, I spilled the story about how Robbie got into a fight with his girlfriend, dumped her and left her with our family while he drove home (8 hours away). I said, "it's a good thing we love his girlfriend, I guess." She turned to me and with all the seriousness she could muster said, "Shut UP! Are you kidding me? What a jerk!"

I found the whole exchange quite amusing. Yeah, my boy is a JERK! I'm so not kidding.

Vacation was fabulous and I'm so grateful that there were a lot of wonderful family moments blended with the random drama. I'll post more when I have time.

No comments: