Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

She's my BEST friend!

Can I just tell you about my best friend? Oh, I know I've gushed about her before but I'm pretty amped up right now. Nancy is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. I can say that cuz my other bestest friend isn't in this world any more. She went home about 10 years ago and I miss her terribly but she still visits me from time to time. I don't really care if someone is creeped out that I just wrote that. It's true, though. As a matter of fact she visited me about two weeks ago. She appears in my dreams. I know it's a visit because the whole experience makes perfect sense, is in order as in real life (cuz you know how dreams are all scattered) and I remember all the details long enough to write them down in my journal. Her visit this last time was special to me because she came to express concern and love to and for ME. She has always come to ask for my help with her family in the past but this time it was about me.

Anyway, as I've written before, I'm up here in Rexburg helping my boy move out of his school approved housing and into a regular apartment since he won't be, ahem, going to school any more. So, while I was driving up here, my bestie called me to see what's up. When she heard that I left abruptly and she didn't know about it (cuz we tell each other EVERYTHING) she was bummed because she said she would have ridden up with me so that we could have fun together. I half heartedly said, "well, why don't I ask Skip if he can use a free ticket and fly you into Salt Lake and you can ride home with me. I know it sounds crazy but it would be hella fun!" She went for it!

I called Skip and groveled and he caved. I'm picking up my bud tomorrow morning so we can laugh, drink highly caffeinated beverages and pick up on guys (that last part is a joke between us because the only "guys" on the road are truckers and we would never do something really crazy like that - we just joke about it). Anyway, I'm more excited than I could be.

It just helps ease the pain of having to leave my babies. Bri and I had an insanely emotional good-bye tonight and then Megs and I were just as bad. I know that tonight when I say bye to the princess I'm gonna fall apart again (see, I'm already getting teared up - I'm such a whimp).

No comments: