Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Eff It Day

As i may or may not have mentioned before (probably not because I just really don't want or need criticism from people who don't walk in my shoes), I have been doing the hcg diet. It's pretty radical and it's definitely the most difficult and restrictive diet I have ever done in my life. I have pretty much tried everything since I was 14 years old to control my weight. I've always had issues with feeling like I'm overweight (most of the time I so wasn't overweight but . . . whatever) and all the dieting and restriction I have imposed upon myself for most of my life has resulted in completely messing up my metabolism. Enough of that.

So enter the hcg diet. It's a 500 calorie a day diet but you take the hcg hormone and it really does help control the hunger. Oh, you still want and crave every possible morsel under the sun but the hunger is kept at bay. The hormone evidently programs your body to feed off of the blubber (abnormal fat) instead of depending on whatever crud you're shoving in your mouth. So far it's been fairly successful for me. Oh, I haven't lost nearly the amount of weight most people do and I don't get why but I've been moving somewhat in the right direction.

That is until last night. I'm on vacation in San Diego and have run out of hcg. My doctor assured me that it would arrive on Monday and here it is Wednesday and it just hasn't gotten here. Yesterday we took a road trip and finally by about 4:00 in the afternoon I couldn't take it anymore. I said, "EFF THIS! I'm eating whatever I want!!" And eat I did. I was like the hungry caterpillar. I gave the twins each a couple of cookies and I was grabbing their cookies like a mad animal snagging bites. I dove into some chips and then we went out to dinner with Skip and I ate a fat salad and then went out for frozen yogurt WITH candy toppings. Yes, I was an absolute hoglet. I enjoyed every freaking second of my craziness too.

What's funny is that when I declared it "Eff It Day" the whole car started laughing (Meg, Brian, the twins and I) and we all started just eating and laughing about how funny the whole sitch was. I mean, here I've been Miss Golden hcg Dieter for 23 days and now I'm out of medicine and I'm just going nuts! It's was hilarious!

Today? Yeah, well Miss Piggy is paying for her crimes. I'm up two pounds and there are no tears associated with this increase. I had a good time and I just simply don't regret a moment of my fun. I'm back on the wagon and I'll see this craziness to the bitter end (17 more days).

1 comment:

Megan said...

this was the best day EVER!!!! the best 6 days ever!!! haha i love your new blog
Love your daughter