Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Obsessions

I have a serious personality flaw (well, who doesn't, right?). When I get my mind fixated on something, I'm full throttle ahead on whatever idea I have in my mind. I actually think this is more of a curse than a blessing because then I burn out and the "passion" becomes something that I 'used' to be into. I don't think I'm alone in this, though. I'm pretty sure I have good company and lots of it.

Lately, I've become obsessed with getting Scrabble on my ipad so that I can play with the computer like Brandilyn has on her Kindle. I saw it, I want it and and I want it NOW! How funny is that? Well, I just can't have it and that's that. It sucks that that's the reality of the situation. However, I've somehow stumbled upon some Scrabble program that I'm playing with two different random people. It's kind of fun but takes like days to finish a game because you have to wait for each person to log on and take their turn. I'm losing but I'm still enjoying the ride. Now, if I can only get my scrabble game that I have right here in a box to play with me without having other peeps around that would be just he grooviest thing EVER!

So, what does this say about me? Well, I'm a loner maybe. If that was so, they why do I have all of these kids? Hmmm, maybe this could be yet another obsession of mine. Collecting children? Lol. Well, this vacation is giving me quite an eyeful of this blessing or curse that I have. I have enjoyed being with my children more than I could say. However, I have raised darlings with very strong personalities (and I'm not saying that is a bad thing - no, quite the opposite) and watching them interact this week has been interesting at best. It has been quite a balancing act. In my older age, I have mellowed quite a bit and am more able to sit back and watch the show instead of being a referee or feeling like I had to be in the middle of all the conflict. As for Skip? Well, he left and I think he was happy to do so. He went back up to his apartment in LA to go back to work.

Other obsessions I have would be exercise (although this one has stuck for over 30 years), drinking water, constantly finding the perfect balance of diet to keep my weight under control (it's an ongoing obsession because I never seem to find it), yoga and, of course, my darling horses. These ones have been hanging on for quite awhile and I actually enjoy them still.

So, I think I'll go back to obsessing about my Scrabble game now . . .

No comments: