Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome Home

Coming home is so difficult when you've had the dream vacation. 10 days of fun in the sun, eating myself to oblivion and spending precious time with the family was so decadent to say the least. However, last night when I got home my sweet animals made the sting just a little easier to take.

As I got out of the car my horses were all standing at the fence with their ears perked in my direction. I couldn't get my sweater on fast enough to go see them (of course it WAS past their feeding time). Brian had opened the garage door and my puppies came racing out at warp speed to greet me. Pierre jumped up on me with his tail wagging furiously. Maddie and Holly were just as excited although they were able to refrain from jumping up.

When I walked into the house the cats came alive. Marley has been non-stop rubbing and purring. Today when I layed down for a little nappy-poo he was right there pushing his face in mine, purring and stretching his whole body out right beside mine. Boots has been a little snuggly bug as well.

How can I not feel loved at home?