Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fun, fun, fun

Today it was just plain hot. Like HOT! Inside our home it is 89 degrees - outside like 102 degrees. Yeah, HOT!

I puttered in my gardens earlier this morning - watering, weeding and playing with the chickens and then the bills called so loud I reluctantly went indoors. Sigh. I sat down at my desk and went to work. 3-4 hours later I just couldn't take it any more. I wandered out in the backyard and joined Skip and Jacob in the pool. Skip then came up with the idea of inviting the Prusso family over for dinner and swimming. I jumped at the idea!

I ran to town and got stuff for dinner - burgers, chips, grapes and ice cream (yeah, I know, a really nutritous kind of meal). When I got home, Dustin and his kids were up at our home swimming. They were all laughing and having so much fun with Skip and the twins - this is the way life is SUPPOSED to be!

We barbequed the burgers (yes, I had a vegan burger), had dinner and visited while the kids jumped on the tramoline, played hide and seek and ran around until way after dark. It made my heart so happy to see the kids playing. This is what kids are SUPPOSED to be doing!

When it was bedtime, the twins were VERY compliant. They were asleep before they hit the pillow. Now, that's the way kids are SUPPOSED to be!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

sounds nice! i'm sorry i missed it!