Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

After dropping my darling little twins off at school this morning I headed to the ranch to ride my fearless black steed. Oh how I've missed my boy. He even (sort of) acted like he was happy to see me.

I took a lesson with Lysette and it was a total blast. Black Horse was a little peppier than usual (I guess he hasn't been out much in the month that I've been away) and it made for a pretty righteous ride, I tell you!!

While I was jumping, he felt especially frisky and, when we came off of a triple set of jumps, he ducked his head down and I totally knew which part of his body was about to come up. If I hadn't picked up on his cue I probably would have landed my happy butt somewhere in the next county. I did, however, catch on quickly and pulled his head up, got him halted and just loved on him.

It's so good to see him feeling so good. Man, I love that horse!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

then keep him! don't let ireeney tell you you need someone fancier!!