Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bad Day Gone Good

There was something big troubling my soul today. It was a big, ugly, dark cloud just hanging up there right over my head.

As the day unraveled, a very dear friend spent most of her day texting, emailing and talking to me on the phone. She truly lifted my spirits and helped me see another perspective. I also had lunch with another wonderful bestie and she, too, was wonderful at helping me work through this ugliness.

Fast forward to home. I got home with the kids and the twins and I decided to dive into the pool and play before homework. We laughed, splashed and dove around in the water. It was awesome.

While they were working on homework, I went out and decided to do some weeding and watering in my yard. I let out my chickens to get some exercise. Before I knew it, the chickens - all of them! - and my dogs were all hanging out right beside me as I worked in my yard. It was so good for my soul to see that I have such loyal pets that love to be with ME!

Yes, this day has turned around. I have great friends. I have great kids. I have great pets. Life is good.

2 comments:

Weston Tenney said...

Hey Jody,
glad to hear your day got better! How was girls camp?? so sad I wasn't there with you. Things r going alright here. Just miss my livermore pals.

brandilyn said...

i love you, mom! i try to be more like you every day :)