Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Shopaholic?


A couple days ago we decided to go shopping at the outlet mall down here near Oceanside. Yeah THE OUTLET MALL!!!!! Anyone who knows me (especially Jillian) knows how much I traditionally would love to be out shopping at the outlet mall.

However, on this day . . . well. . . uh. . . I bought ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Robbie ended up purchasing a t-shirt (big whoppee) and Brandilyn got a pair of undershorts for her man (don't ask) but I scored nada, zip, zilch, NOTHING!
So the twins and I just kind of went from bench to bench just sitting outside various stores waiting for Rob and Brandilyn to browse about. Brandilyn did stop, though, to snap this photo of Courtney, Jacob and myself.

So here's another kicker. I can't really believe I did this myself. We have been walking back and forth from the beach everyday. I have stepped on and over this pair of camo sweat capris that have been laying in the sand that someone had dropped. After a couple of days I bent over and picked them up (more out of curiosity) and discovered that they were about Courtney's size. Courtney's face lit up and I took them back to our condo, laundered them and presented them to my little girl. They have been stuck to her body ever since.

So while my husband is thrilled at my lack of enthusiasm for shopping lately, I must say that I have discovered that "one (wo)man's rubbish is another (wo)man's treasure." Thank you to that young lady who dropped her pants in the sand!!!

1 comment:

Jillian Kristine said...

are though i DO you that you ARE QUITE the shopaholic... its always been to spoil others. i remember pulling teeth when it came to spoiling yourself. Yes every once in a while you'd buy an absolutely to-die-for necklace or a few shirts. But to full on splurge on yourself, i think happened once. To splurge on others, daily! :)