Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Super Powers


One of my indulgences is People magazine. I know, I know it's just another gossip rag. I admit it! When I read about how famous people (and others) mess up their lives, I'm just grateful that I was passed up when the popularity cup was being passed around. Okay, to the point.

I usually flip to the last page of the magazine and read the "Chatter" page. It's where a question is posed and about 5 or 6 famous people answer. Last week's got me thinking I just may be ALL THAT!!!!!

Question: What superpower would you love to have?

Rumer Willis: To teleport. You could get anywhere. You'd never have to sit in traffic!
Me: I meditate. It's a beautiful journey every time!

Dwyane Wade: I'd be invincible and invisible. it just seems cool to me.
Me: My spirit is both of those. You can crush my body but not my spirit!

Kristen Bell: The power of persuasion - and I might have it.
Me: Um, duh! You're female aren't you? I have it too!

Chandra Wilson: Just a little If-I-had-known power would be nice - and a little bit of seeing what's gonna happen.
Me: Okay, you may have me here. However, there IS personal revelation so maybe I've only got about 50% of my powers in this area!

Shenae Grimes: A healing power would be unbelievable. Helping other people makes you feel good.
Me: Amen! Healing power IS unbelievable and I so love helping others. Footzoning, oils and herbs combined with prayer have become a miraculous healing power for me.

I'm considering myself pretty fortunate. I have what they want. Wow!! What do they have that I would want? Fame, fortune and messed up lives that are blasted all over the media? Uh, no thank you.
I'll just take my superpowers and be on my way . . .

No comments: