Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just Plain White Trash!

Today I had to use our old blue truck that we have nicknamed 'Old Blue". Old Blue is a 1985 Ford F150 with ABSOLUTELY no frills. No power anything, no AC, no nothin. We bought this beauty back in 1995, Skip painted it PG&E blue and we have used it as a ranch truck since we moved up here in the hills. It's loud, rattly, and really "broke in".

Okay, today. 100 degrees (I'm sure of it) and I'm in Old Blue with the twins bouncing around town all afternoon (remember? No AC?). We're all a little cranky so I'm really trying to be kind to the twins (like slurpees, popcorn, a new school outfit, some ice cream . . . you get the picture). I pulled up to gas up this vehicle of mine and this woman in her fancy dancy Lexus just looks down her long nose at me like I'm a piece of . . . well . . . white trash? (It doesn't help that I dress the way I do, I guess).

I just started laughing. It then dawned on me that several people were kind of giving me a little of the same attitude. Hahahahaha. Joke's on them! I'm one of them . . . well, kind of.

Sooooo, do I look down on others who don't drive the shiny, zippy vehicles? I so hope not because this is a classic . . . you can't judge a book by its cover people!

No comments: