Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Swede-Dar!

Yeah. I feel inundated with these amazing people lately.

When we went to Santa Barbara to get Brian signed up for school we spent an entire day out looking for housing for my boy. We finally decided on this place that was a straight up dump. I called my son to explain the sitch and he was disappointed but wants this school so bad that he said, "whatever Mom. I'll get by." As we were sitting by the beach contemplating life (actually Skip needed a nap or something), I felt compelled to check Craig's List one last time and, Woah!, there was a brand new post for an apartment that sounded PERFECT! I called and a young man with an accent that I knew I recognized answered the phone. We made arrangements and went right on over to check out the pad. Sure enough, the residents were here studying from Sweden. We ended up getting the place and now my boy resides with Swedes. He claims he's learning words. Hopefully, they're not BAD words.

Fast forward to now. My teacher for zoning, Katri, is from Sweden and has a pretty intense Swedish accent. It's pretty hard to understand her but I crave the learning so much that I will sit through ANYTHING to gain the knowledge this woman has.

So, I'm up there in Montana doing my thing and this man walks through the door during dinner one night. Cool. His name is Lars and, you guessed it, he's a freaking Swede (except his accent isn't quite as intense as Katri). He said he was a friend of Katri and Hans and ended up enjoying dinner with us. It was so fun because he put with all the banter going on with us girls.

The next day he came back (yesterday) for a back zone. You see, we need to zone an outside "client" for our final practical exam. Well, it ended up that I got to zone Lars. During the zone he was having a conversation with Katri and leaned over by his ear and said, "talk to her in Swedish because I think it's hot" so he DID! Lol. Well, I told him since he did that he got to have extra time on the aroma massage. I think he thought it was a pretty good deal.

My point is this. It seemed that there were Swedish friends that just kept popping in for a visit. What the heck? Do all these people just settle in one area (because Brian claims that there are GOBS of HOT Swedish girls that come over to the apartment) or are Brian and I just Swede magnets? No matter, these people are AMAZING!!

No comments: