Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bad Company

Actually, when I was younger this was one of my favorite music groups. Of course, that was when I was all about sex, drugs and rock and roll. However, that isn't what this post is about.

On my last night up in Montana I stayed up late with the girls and we were talking and laughing until all hours of the night (okay, I know I'm an early bird but really I DID stay up till like 12 or something). We were talking about Katri and how amazing she is. We talked about our homes and families and children. We showed each other pictures. We talked about the people that we had met while we were here. It was a really fun time for me. I love to laugh and I laughed so hard with these ladies. It was so good for my soul.

Anyway, I had to get up at 0'dark thirty Sunday morning so that I could drive down to Rexburg to spend some time with the Princess. I did but not before I had my handy dandy Yelp app on my iPhone tell me EXACTLY where the nearest Starbucks was (in a city called Bozeman about 30 miles away). I swooped in there and ordered up my fave with an extra shot. I was now amped up and blasted me some Drum Sex on the iPod. Good times.

Got to Rexburg and I was still pretty peppy. Chilled with the Princess in the store while she worked and then Dave came in and gave her a break so we could snag lunch. We shared a sandwich and came back to the store. As I was sitting behind the counter I felt myself fading. Pretty soon I'm saying, "Um, when do you close?" She informed me it was another hour. Grrr.

We finally walked up the stairs to their apartment and I asked if we could just put on our jams and kick it. Dave said, "Jody! We were planning on going bowling and then out for Mexican food! Sound good?" I think I must have given him the most evil look because he then laughed and said, "Just kidding." Brandilyn and I had pizza (I'm seriously rebelling from all the good food I got up in Montana) and she set about making some lemon blueberry cream cheese cookies (which were amazing, btw). I said, "I'm just gonna lay here and close my eyes for 10 minutes." Next thing I know Brandilyn is dangling a cookie in my face saying, "Mom! Wake up! I made you a cookie!" Wow. I guess I completely dozed off. They were laughing because I had just passed out.

Well, I did end up just passing out for the night uber early because I had to get up at 3:30 to head down to Salt Lake to catch my flight Sunday morning. I'm sorry I didn't have the mojo to go out and party like a rock star. I'm guessing those days are over. This old dog needs her rest. However, to her credit, the Princess did get up at 3:30 - pregnant and all - to say good bye to her Mom. I love you, Brandilyn! You ALWAYS make me feel special!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

well, duh, you ARE special! i'm not going to let you sneak out of my apartment without a good-bye (even if i do look homeless in my robe and crazy hair).