Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mowgli

Yep, you guessed it - another crazy story about my week in Montana. There might even be one more.

In our class there was a Mom and son combo. He was 14 years old. His name was Gray. I was weirded about this at first but went with it (like I really had a freaking choice). He seemed harmless enough but I was thinking that taking my clothes off and exposing my bum to a 14 year old boy was going to be awkward at best. He actually was pretty mature about it.

So there's a black cat that lives at the compound where we were staying. His name is Bagheera (like the panther on Jungle Book). The cat is so friendly and purrs and loves to be loved. Well, I just naturally made the connection and started calling Gray "Mowgli". Actually I thought I was pretty clever. Mowgli tolerated the situation.

Mowgli gave me some pretty good laughs. At one time, while he was doing his final on an outside client, he made eye contact with me and looked like he was miserable and bored with the deal. Of course, Katri quickly informed him that he needed to not be distracted with his zone. Hahaha! Mowgli got in trouble.

My point is that I'm pretty impressed with the fact that a 14 year old boy could stay on task all week and receive his diploma. In fact, when Katri was handing out diplomas, we all clapped the loudest for Mowgli. It was a pretty amazing accomplishment. Furthermore, he was able to handle more women's bums and breasts than a 14 year old boy should and he took it all in stride (not sure a grown man would have been so smooth about it).

And when we were all about to have our class photo taken he said, "Sunshine needs to wear her scarf (I wore a scarf around my head all week when I was walking back and forth to the classroom because I can't stand for my ears to get cold)." So, to appease my darling buddy, Mowgli, I did!

No comments: