Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Bendy People

Tonight we have tickets to go see the Michael Jackson Cirque de Sole. There's a really funny story about this. Last year Skip gave me these tickets as a Christmas present. We were VERY excited. He flew into the San Jose airport and I met up with him and we checked into the motel. We got all dressed up and went out to dinner then proceeded to drive over to where the performance was. It was eerie quiet. The parking lot was empty. The center was dark as the Ace of Spades. Wtf? Skip then said to me, "Babe, check the tickets and make sure we are supposed to be here and not Oakland or something." Ok.

I read the tickets out loud to him, "Friday January 13, 2012'. Screeeeeech! Wait, WHAT did you just say? I read it again and then realized what it said. We both looked at each other and just started laughing hysterically. Wow. It's a freaking YEAR from tonight (I believe this was a Thursday night to boot).

So here we are. As a yogi I just can't appreciate the talent and gift these people have. It's amazing to say the least. Their bodies bend in ways that defy all logic.

Also, I have a yoga teacher that says what goes on on the mat is pretty much how your life is off the mat. I can only imagine how flexible these people are in their every day lives. My job is to not covet. Right?

Well, no problem. I'm going to absorb and relish every stinking second of the performance tonight. Skip even called me yesterday and said, "Ok. I checked and rechecked the tickets. Right venue. Right date. Right time. We are good to go!"

I mean, wow! Cirque de Sole to Michael Jackson's music? How perfect of a gift for this girl can that be? Furthermore, I got to snag an extra date night in on the deal, heeheeeheee.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hahaha! That is hilarious! I really want to see it too!