Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Brilliant, My Dear Watson!!

About a month or so ago, for whatever reason, Jacob decided it sounded like a fun idea to grab a can of blue spray paint and spray graffitti on our black utility trailer. Thank heavens he didn't put any profanity on it. Anyway, to say the least, I was highly pissed off but haven't said much to Mr. Jacob because all I'm met with is the usual blank stare. No remorse. No emotion. Nothing.

Skip was home this weekend (you KNOW this is going to be good, right?) and saw the trailer as he was driving out the driveway. WTF??? I gently informed him that it was his youngest son's handy artwork. Omg! He was MORE pissed than I (and justifiably so!). Yesterday, on the way to take Skip to BART, he informed Jacob that he expected him to wash the trailer and scrub ALL of the paint off. No exceptions! Well, we all know how that will go. NOT!!!

Today the twins are out of school (dang it) and I informed Jacob that his father has given instructions and he gets to carry them out. So we supplied him with a bucket, soap and a rag. I gave Courtney some miscellaneous chores to keep her busy and I went about my own stuff. I walked into the kitchen as the twins are coming in "to get a new bucket of water" and ask Court what she's doing. "I'm going to help Jacob clean the trailer!" Oh, okaaaay.

Well, they are off busy and seemingly enjoying the journey and I get to have my day to do my thing after all. Awesome! Will we get a clean trailer out of deal? Probably not.

No comments: