Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blue By You


This picture is the studio where we practiced our yoga twice a day in Belize. Two hours in the morning and two hours in the late afternoon. It was so wonderful. Of course when the wind blew it got a bit nippy (hence the blankets around us). In the afternoon/evening session each day, Gloria let us meditate on the sun going down. One of my faves.
Next door is Sally's house. Sally is the woman (really, Sally is the woman I am in my heart) that owns the studio and she prepared breakfast for us each morning. One thing that so touched my heart was that, when she discovered that I was a vegan, she made meals that catered to my needs. I felt so special. I ate well at Sally's. I had scrambled tofu, granola, whole wheat pancakes and there was an endless array of salsas, fruit, spreads etc. It was heavenly.
Looking at this picture reminds me of how cold I was so much of the time. When I was grabbing blankets or whatever I could find I would look over at Nan who was so comfortable without anything extra on. I couldn't believe it! She told me that it was probably a good thing that I didn't go on the snorkeling excursion because SHE was actually a bit cold and knew that I would have been freezing. I had a grand time that day anyway. I zoned Gloria and John and I hung out at our hotel and just chilled. Of course, when Nan came back, it dawned on me just how much I had missed her. I exclaimed, "Nan you're back! I totally missed you today." Sad thing is - I meant it.

No comments: