Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Popular Me!!

Today I went to Safeway to grab some stuff since I've been pretty neglectful in that arena lately in my life. After waiting in a line about three people deep at the checkstand it was finally my turn. I was interacting with Jacob and not paying much attention to what was going on around me. The cashier then said, "Oh, I wonder where Amanda is."

I'm like, "Pardon me?"

He then said, "Amanda, the courtesy clerk. She saw in you line and said 'oh, I want to bag that lady's grocerys. I fricking LOVE her!!' "

I felt like an idiot. Who the heck is Amanda? Well, the cashier paged her and this sweet young woman came rushing up to the check stand. I honestly do remember her from my trips here before but nothing stands out in my mind that would make her "love" me. I felt special. We chatted and laughed about this and that and then I was on my way.

It was so nice to feel so appreciated after having had a pretty crappy event happen in my life just about 20 minutes prior to this exchange. Thank you, Amanda. You made my day!!!

No comments: