Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Simple Life


One of the most delicious things about going on a yoga retreat with Gloria is that she always takes us somewhere where there isn't a lot of distractions. We get to be with real people living a real life. I really like that. No five star hotels, no fancy dancy restaurants. Nope, none of that.
The island of Caye Caulkner, where we stayed, is pretty dang simple. There are two big generators that power the whole island that is 1 mile long by 1/4 mile wide. The main mode of transportation is walking and bicycles. There aren't any cars and the taxis are golf carts. The streets are dirt - no pavement. How cool is that?
I so didn't want to leave. I loved the whole vibe of this island. The one thing that I took away from this experience is that I want to simplify my life. What can I get rid of to feel the way I felt here? The stress level was almost nil (of course I wasn't dealing with my kids and the stress of my life at home). I was able to look deep within. I haven't done that in so long.

No comments: