Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Brace Face


Today was a day that Courtney has been looking forward to for like three months. She has talked non-stop about her braces and even pretended like she was "worried" about it (we saw through it, though).

Okay so here we are today! I come up with this fun plan to take her out to lunch and then spend a "girls afternoon" together going shopping to kind of make her day a little more special. After all, how could school possibly be more important than shopping, right?

Me: Hey, Snort, how about we go to lunch and then hit the mall and do some shopping this afternoon after you get your braces on?

Courtney: Um, do we have to?

Me: You don't want to go? Would you rather go back to school and show off your braces to your friends?

Courtney: (face lights up like 4th of July) YEAH!!!!

So that, my friends, is how it all went down. I was deflated. So what did I do? Yup! I went shopping and spent obscene amounts of money at the mall (just kidding, Babe). Well, I did go shopping but I didn't really spend money. I was kind of bummed that I got dissed.

When I talked to Brian on my way to pick up the twins from school and recited the story to him he said, "Oh, wow, are you kidding me? I would have killed to have spent an afternoon with you going to lunch and the mall! Those were the funnest days when you did that with us! I can't believe she blew you off."

That's ok. I'm over it. Tonight she's not quite so thrilled with those braces of hers. Nope, soup and applesauce for dinner. Ouch!!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

i want a day off with you too! school sucks.