Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Yom Kippur

Many, many, many years ago in a land not too far away from this one I worked at Walters and Wolf right along side my now - not then but now - husband.

Anyway (anyhoooo - sorry had to throw that in) one day "Bob" and I were attempting to calendar a luncheon. We went out to lunch once a month because we could. As we were looking over the calendar we noticed Yom Kippur day and started laughing saying, "well, I guess we can't go to lunch on this day because it's Yom Kippur day and we will be taking the day off work!."

I know that today that doesn't sound too hysterical but back then, when we worked every day no matter what unless it was Christmas, that was freaking funnier than heck!!!

Well, today is Yom Kippur and I have to tell you that I think I want to take the day off. I'm not Jewish (I think it's a Jewish day) but I want the day off anyway!

Now . . . if I had only thought of this while I was up in Idaho visiting the Princess! I could have just stayed another night! Dang, dang, dang!!!!!!

No comments: