Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Delusions of Grandeur

Nan and I had the bright idea (ok, so it was mostly MY idea) that we would rip out all the plants in our garden that were finished, go to the nursery and buy some winter veggies and plant them. No biggie, right? Ahem, yeah, not so much!

I called my sister for advice and she said we needed to put some of this and some of that in our soil to make it ready to go (like wave some magic wand over the stuff or something). I hung up and relayed the 411 to Nan. She was like, "Ok, let's get on it!"

So, like 6 hours later we are literally dragging our butts. We decided to go grab some horse crap that just happens to be lying around my place to put on the garden. The wind was blowing and the crap just kept pelting us in the face. We even enlisted the help of the twins - they were a little better sports than Nan and I were about the whole thing, by the way.

What do we have tonight? That would be an empty place where the garden used to be with piles of horse crap blowing in the 45 mph winds that we are having. Oh, and a couple of really tired middle aged women that now realize that Rome was not built in a day (duh!).

No comments: