Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Foiled Again!

I try to be upbeat but there are times every now and again when things just get the better of me. Today is one of those times. I apologize in advance but here goes:

Last year for my 50th birthday my husband told me that we were going to go on a cruise. Whenever and wherever I choose. The money ran out before I chose so there went that. I'm just grateful that we DID get to go on a cruise for Skip's 50th a few years ago. It was great.

For my birthday gift this year, Skip told me that we could go away together for a couple of nights. I was excited and said that I would like to go see Brandilyn more than anything else (I'm thinking he was thinking of a more "private" getaway but he DID ask what I wanted . . .). We made plans to go next weekend and I was going to get to see my bestie, Kaylene, to boot. I was jumping for joy! Brandilyn and I were going to take a riding lesson together and I was going to get to see her first performance. It was a perfect set up!

Well, a series of unfortunate events involving our "babysitter" for the weekend took place today that have made it virtually impossible for us to go. I must say that I broke down and cried - really, really cried hard! Yes, I'm being petty. Yes, I'm being selfish. I, once again apologize. I love and miss the princess so much and I really miss my BFF, Kaylene.

Next year for my birthday I would like Skip to tell me, "We are staying home and you can't go anywhere under any circumstances."

Yeah, a little reverse psychology on fate would be a nice treat.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

i'm sorry, mom...we'll get you a weekend out here, don't worry! i keep going over our conversation on the phone tonight in my head trying to think of what i could have said to maybe help you feel better. i hope i wasn't being insensitive...i love you. i know that everything that's happening in your life right now is a part of Heavenly Father's plan for you and that someday we'll see the 'bigger picture' and go, "OOOH!" i just hurt for you..and i know things are rough right now. you are in my prayers.