Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jillian

Today Jillian Watterson is getting married. Since she was two years old, I have been a part of her life. Sometimes (often) more than others. Her mom is the bestest friend I have ever had in the world and Jillian always used to be bestest friends with Brandilyn. They have drifted in different directions in the last couple of years but they still love each other.

I am happy for Jillian. Yeah, I AM happy for her. It has taken some adjusting, but I'm glad that she's found someone who she feels will be the perfect partner for this lifetime. You never really adjust to your little girl finding someone else and leaving you, but you learn to accept the twist and turns that life sends your way. Jillian has been like a daughter to me. I have tried to be "there" for her whenever she needed a mom kind of person in her life - and going through her teen years that was a lot.

So, this morning I will pull myself together, and head to the church. My assignment for her wedding is to assemble and serve food. I so wanted to be part of helping her plan and plot her special day but she had plenty of help from others, I guess. I will do as I did at Brandilyn's wedding and put a smile on my faceand save the tears for when she has driven away. No point making today more emotional than it already is - weddings are funny that way.

So, Jillian, I love you and wish you the best. You know where I am when you need to have some of that infamous "girl talk" that we have had over the years. Marriage is wonderful but, oh, it is such hard work just the same. Lots of give and a little take.

1 comment:

Jillian Kristine said...

i am seriously HORRIBLE at this entire blogging deal.. but hopefully i will end up getting the hang of it sooner or later. and then after that maybe i will get to reading everyone elses. hahaha. but i'm so glad you came out and that we were able to talk things out! love youuu