Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's all about perspective

Today I visited my chiropractor. We usually visit and chat and today was no exception. We got on the subject of politics and taxes and all the nasty stuff that goes along with all of that crud. He then told me that his wife informed him that she was going to change his attitude on taxes so that he would quit complaining about spending so much. She then went on to mention the four Oakland police officers that were shot and killed in the line of duty a couple of weeks ago. Their families and friends are forever affected by that tragedy. She then went on to remind him of the little girl that was murdered here recently and all the people affected by THAT tragedy. TAXES ARE NOT A TRAGEDY!!!

Okay, so I've been reading this blogspot on Brandilyn's list of blogs she follows called the Nie Nie Dialogues. Now, that is a tough deal that poor woman is going through. Check it out: http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/. She was in a near fatal plan crash and has burned a very large percentage of her body. Don't know the details but reading how she is slowly trying to figure out how to put her life together and raise her four little children (oh, and the children are afraid of her because they don't recognize her because of all her scars), go through all the painful rehabilitation and treatment and still somehow manage to maintain an upbeat attitude. Now that is a tough trial.

No, my life is pretty sweet. I am grateful every day for my little set of trials that I get to experience and, no thank you, I don't want yours!

No comments: