Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's all about self-esteem, right?

"I wanna be just like you, Mom, cept smart." Yeah, that one came out of Courtney's (11 years old) mouth this afternoon.

Fast forward about three hours. I'm at home, in my dressing area, trying on a swimsuit that I just purchased for our Mexico trip. "That looks pretty on you, Mommy, cept you need a lot bigger size." Are you kidding me? Am I missing something here?

It's a dog gone good thing I have a pretty high opinion of myself lest I would find myself in a corner, fetal position, sucking my thumb, rocking back and forth and mumbling something unintelligible!!!

I'm returning the suit tomorrow and signing up for classes when we return from vacation . . .NOT!!!!! (cept the swimsuit thing, of course)

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA
courtney's never been good at the whole 'tact' thing