Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Butt Kicking!

Some things I'm really grateful for this evening:
  • Being home with low maintenance children tonight - I'm pretty tired
  • My jammies - they have never felt more comfortable
  • All the police that were so awesome on my ride today - they totally controlled traffic so we could RIDE without interruption
  • My hot tub - oh how I needed that little beauty
  • A healthy body and a dependable bicycle

I rode in the Cinderella Classic bike tour today. It was 65 miles - usually no big deal for me. However, the wind was obnoxious for a lot of the ride and the hills just seemed a little tougher than I remember. Backing up, I guess I should add that I have not ridden my bike AT ALL in 3+ months. Needless to say, I was a wreck by the end. I did do the whole thing and finished (because I texted Brandilyn whining about wanting to quit and she gave me a firm "texting to" and told me I COULD do it).

So will I enter in the Classic next year? You bet your bippy I will! Will I spend a little more quality time on my bike prior to the ride! Oh yeah, no doubt about it! For now though, I'm off to bed (7:00 p.m.).

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

i knew you could do it, ofum!! you rock!

SO SO SO SO excited to see you in less than a week!