Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cards

I've never been a big fan of cards. Some people are just gah-gah over the things. Me, I just think it has become way too over rated. Hallmark makes out like a bunch of bandits! I mean, you buy a card that has someone else's ideas on it and you just sign your name to the bottom of it. How much love and thought went into that? Whatever!

Everyone that knows me knows that I just don't buy into the whole thing. When it's a birthday, anniversary or whatever, I usually call or text to send my best wishes. My dad says that he prefers my method and doesn't fret when he doesn't receive a card or anything from me. He knows that sometime during the day he's gonna get a call from me and that means a lot to him. I like that.

Yesterday was our anniversary. We had a fabulous day together. We did everything together - just the two of us and Robbie babysat the twins all day. It was my idea of bliss. I honestly say that I feel closer to that love of mine today because of the quality of time we spent together. No cards, no gifts - just the gift of time and communication.

Now, I challenge you . . . find a way to put THAT into a card and sell it! Can't happen! I'll take my way anyday, thank you very much!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

:) i love you and i'm so happy you were able to ave a fun day together!