Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Puzzlement

Every year at Christmas I still hang on to a few traditions. Besides the big Christmas boxes and buying (probably more than I should) gifts for my family, I still send out around 100 Christmas cards with our family picture (which is always a point of contention in our home) and I bake several different kinds of cookies and distribute plates of cookies to my neighbors. I always purchase plates after Christmas (cheap) to use to following year because that's just the way I roll.

Today something kind of funny happened. I was in the kitchen doing kitchen things and Courtney came walking in with one of the plates I had used this year with two baskets of cherries on it. I gave her the "wtf" look and she said that some lady (very old lady) drove up and handed them to her and told her that they were for us. By the description of the car, it wasn't too difficult to figure out who this was.

But June? Really? Are you returning my plate in June? This is the same woman that I approached at the parade and said, "well, there's my neighbor! How are you guys doing?" She then turned to Skip and said, "Tim, (she had him confused with someone else) that woman on the horse said that I was her neighbor. Do you know who she is?" Skip patiently reminded her that we were the Weltz's and we lived just up the road from her. Right, of course.

Okay, so how does a woman who has no clue who I am remember that that was the plate that I sent cookies on in December?

Well . . . the cherries are delicious!

2 comments:

brandilyn said...

haha! who was it? how funny. courtney must have been so confused...oh wait, court's always confused. lol

Robyn Pelamati said...

That is funny! AND I'd better get one of those family X-mas cards! ;)