Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jacob Come Lately

Like every morning lately, I got up at 5:30 and woke up Jacob before heading off to the barn to feed horses. Like every morning he made sleepy noises and slowly started moving. Off I went.

I came back up to the house only to find him still sitting on the edge of the bed in his jammies stretching and yawning. When he saw me he said, "I'm hurrying, Mom." (Um, yeah like heck you are). I made breakfast and summonsed him to the kitchen to partake. He was yawning, stretching and extremely distracted (nothing unusual for him). I kept nudging him along saying things like, "come on, Jake, you need to keep moving", "let's keep going, Jake, your bus is gonna be here before you know it", "Jacob, let's stay focused on getting breakfast down." All the while he just kept giving me that "look" like "buzz off, lady."

Sure enough, I looked out the window and there, bigger than life, was Jacob's "buth" (that would be "bus" in Jacob talk) sitting out front.

"Ahem, Jacob, your bus is HERE!!!"

"Oh crap, Mom, what should I do?"

"Grab your clothes. I'll run out there and tell them you are coming."

Off I went. Off he went. I was telling the driver that Jacob was moving slow this morning (yeah, slow doesn't even BEGIN to describe it) and was coming. I looked up and saw Jacob walking out the door with his backpack open and all the contents in danger of spilling out, clothes strewn all over the place as he was attempting to balance everything. I had to refrain from laughing. I hobbled over to help him out, got him in the bus and kissed him good-bye.

He hasn't arrived home from school as of yet, but I'm hoping he managed to get himself dressed on the way to school. Hopefully, tomorrow he gets moving a little faster.

No comments: