Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Good Day

Today WAS a good day. I never started my car. I never left the hill. That, in and of itself, makes it a good day.

Robbie and Skip left this morning for the high adventure activity (rafting and some other manly stuff) so that just left me and the twins for today and tomorrow. Court and I were working on Girl's Camp stuff - getting our stuff together so that we are good to go. Jacob was bored with that whole deal so he became really annoying. I finally said, "Hey, Jacob, if you won't want to be nice why don't you go outside and rake horse poop into piles." (I was pretty sure he would instantly turn nice).

Wrong! The door shut and I asked Court where Jake had gone. "Um, Mom, he went out to rake horse poop."

"Oh, so he doesn't want to be nice to us?"

"Guess not." (shoulders shrug).

About like three hours later Jacob came strolling in for lunch. We all hung out for the rest of the afternoon, made a fabbie dinner with tofu and some oven fried potatoes and settled down for a movie together.

I love low key days like this. Got a lot accomplished. Nothing to write home about (well, blogging isn't really writing home, is it?) but just nice simple fun.

Oh, and when I went out to feed horses this evening? Yeah, horse poop - nice piles with sweet looking rake marks. Yup, all good!

No comments: