Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Unexpected Fun


Last Saturday night Skip and I went to a costume party in Phoenix at his brother, Craig, and his wife, Julie's house. We aren't really that fond of the whole Halloween tradition as a rule. There are some really cool things that my husband and I actually do agree on and Halloween has always been one of them. However, because I love Julie so dog gone much and her and I seem to connect so well, Skip and I opted to be good sports and go to this costume party.
We dressed up like hippies. We were both just going through the motions in our motel room and actually just tolerating each other for the time being. As it turned out, Skip looked absolutely fabulous. I LOVED the hair (dreads) and thought, "Wow, if we actually looked like this 24/7, I would think he was pretty hot!" (Um, well, he is actually hot but that is a different story). I just couldn't get over how really great he looked and the HAIR. Oh my gosh, the HAIR!!!
So, yeah, just check out the pics! Curt and Diane were a pirate and wench, Craig and Julie were the Queen and King of hearts and Ashley (Julie and Criag's daughter) was a geisha. Don't we look fabulous. I thought so.

Anyway, we went to the party and actually had a great time. It took a little while for the two of us to warm up because 1) we didn't really know anyone there other than Curt and Diane (another one of Skip's brothers and wife) and Craig and Julie and 2) we weren't drinking which made us not only a minority, but pretty much exclusive. I think there was only one other person that was "dry" that night.

At any rate, I loosened up after a bit and was really have fun interacting with all these people that were pretty loose themselves. It was so much fun going outside of myself. I was also pretty useful in the kitchen because the food needed to be refreshed. At one point, I was outside with Julie and were singing into the microphone being silly.

By the time that the evening was over (well, for Curt, Diane and Skip) and they wanted to leave, I found myself coming up with creative ways to delay like wanting more pictures, showing excessive interest in all of Julie's ten million decorations and engaging in coversation with anyone who would listen.

The ironic thing is - I HAD FUN!!! I had fun at a Halloween party! I had fun dressing up at a Halloween party. I had fun and so did my husband! I think we will do this again. Wait, did I really just say that????

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

YOU GUYS LOOK SO GOOD!! i wish we could have come!!