Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Last Run of the Seasson

That was the title of a photo that Brandilyn had posted on her Facebook not too long ago. It was a picture of her and David at their last snowboarding run of last season. That phrase has stuck with me . . .

I was out riding in the hills with Madisen who has been visiting me from Utah. We have had a great visit and capped it off with an awesome ride yesterday. We did Manzanita and went out around a great spot where we have a view of forever. As we were heading back to the barn it hit me, "this is the last run of the season." Don't know where that thought came from and I hope, certainly hope, that it's not.

My friend called me who has been "borrowing" one of our horses for the summer to ride and told me it was time to bring Cowboy home. She was getting ready for her fall stuff and wasn't going to have enough time to ride. We drove over to Danville and loaded him up and brought him home. It was his "last run of the season."

My sister got married two weeks ago. We planned her reception at my home this last Saturday. I had planned the reception to be indoors because of my experience with the disaster in August with Brandilyn's reception (the winds were horrible). The days leading up to my sister's big day were absolutely gorgeous so I went out on a limb and moved the event outdoors. It was fabulous. This morning when I woke up it was cold, windy and very foggy. I guess my sister's reception was out "last run of the season."

And so it goes. I look around me and feel the winds of change blowing everywhere. Do we need to be sad about these changes? About these doors that seem to be slowly creaking closed? Nope. I choose to look at these as opportunities to turn around and see where the next open door to slip through is that will lead to the next big adventure.

Because, you know what? Tomorrow I leave for Montana to take my final exam for Footzoning. I am very confident (not cocky) that I will pass this. I am fascinated by every facet of this new adventure in my life and I honestly feel that I have a purpose to serve others with this gift that I have been offered. So, there it is! The first run of my new season!!!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

go, mom! you're totally gonna rock this new adventure in your life. i'm totally proud of you and knew you could do it all along--you're my hero!!