Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Condoms for Brian

Brian received an assignment in class to partner up with another student and create a presentation for the class on their research on a company (economics class). Brian's partner, for whatever reason, submitted that they were going to research Trojan (as in rubbers). The task of creating a poster for the project fell upon my son. On that poster he was to have photos, information and, if possible, samples of the product manufactured by the selected company.

I went into Walmart today in search of the product that was selected. I was standing at the display at the store when a friend of mine happened to see me. She then joined me in my search and decision of which package of rubbers to purchase for this project. We were laughing and vascillating between several different options in the rubber selection.

An elderly woman happend to cruise by riding in her electric cart. She must have overheard our conversation because she quipped, "Better safe than sorry, sweetie." I then smiled and shot back, "Oh, they're not for me - they're for my son." She gave me the oddest look and then my friend chimed in with "Oh, Jody, that sounded really bad." I paused, thought, and then we both busted laughing hysterically.

Okay, so my son's presentation project is in poor taste (as my husband will say) but, heck, it sure makes a funny story! I mean, really, how many moms get to have this much fun with their teenagers?

I came home and said, "Hey, Brian, your rubbers are in the car!"

He said, "Hey, thanks Mom" as he went out to get them. He came walking into the house and said, "Cool, this one has a vibrating ring! This one is a pleasure pack of four! Wow, this is great. It's just what I need."

Yes, I'm the "cool" mom!!!

No comments: