Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Courtney's Shopping Day

I bopped into Mervyn's today because I heard that they were having a HUGE clearance because they are going out of business. I went in there because the boys had both asked me to pick up some socks for them. It was one of the most daunting things I have experienced in a long time and the effects have lingered into the evening. This is truly an indication of what's coming and a sign of the times (not to sound cliche). The lights were turned down to about 50% so that added even more to the "feel" that things were in a bad way.

On the bright side, I saw racks and racks of discounted clothing that were about Courtney's size. There were also numerous pairs of shoes. After she was out of school today, I picked her up and, since it was just "us girls", we scurried right on over there. It was so much fun to watch her try on several pairs of shoes and then again as she lit up when I told her she could have three pairs (the prices were really THAT low). We then bought her a jacket, underwear, socks and a sweatshirt. She was bouncing all over the place.

Then, in true Courtney spirit, I went over to the adult women's shoes and she got all excited as we found a cute pair that we just knew Brandilyn would love. She said, "Can we get these for her?". Of course, I can't resist spoiling my "Oboe Joboe" so we got them. It was also endearing when Courtney then started telling me how much she misses her older sister. Well, that got me going as well. I miss her so much it hurts!!! I'm so glad that I have good company.

Sometimes I find myself getting annoyed with constant chatter that comes out of Courtney's mouth that makes absolutely no sense at all. But, really, she is just a sweet little girl that loves lace, pink, purple, Hannah Montana, and all that frilly girlly stuff that drives me insane. It's not her fault she ended up with such a free spirited hippy for a mom but I guess that's the challenge we both have to face. How to coexist!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

aw :( i miss you guys so freakin much!! i want to come home SO BADLY.

and, as for that hat, I THINK ITS CUTE!!!