Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Weary Flippers

Skip and I arrived in Munich Sunday afternoon (which was like 3:00 am by our body's standards).  Of course me, being fueled by massive quantities of caffeine, wanted to frolick about contrary to my husband's advice.  He went along with my antics, nonetheless.

Unlike the U.S., this country actually honors the sabbath and shuts down for the most part.  Actually it was refreshing but annoying when you are a tourist that is striving to score some grub.  After strolling around in the cold (it's freaking snowing here!) for quite a bit we finally happened upon a Mexican restaurant, of all things.  We were the ONLY customers about the place (we ate at 5:00 pm which is uber early to eat by local standards here) and were extremely not optimistic about the food meeting our standards but found ourselves overly impressed.  DEFINITELY hitting up this place again!

Today, we went to the trade show (the reason we are here).  I found myself looking around like Alice in Wonderland.  Nothing made sense and everything was overwhelming.  I was relieved to hear that Skip was somewhat feeling the same way.  Since there wasn't much for Miss Sunshine to do but follow Skip around, I decided to listen a lot for words in German.  I actually am picking up a few.  We ended up logging on like six (no exaggeration) miles and finally headed back to our hotel.

My little toesies are ouchy right about now and I was wanting to dip into the local department store (makes Macy's look like a Five and Dime) to score a pair of cute comfy boots but no luck.

I already informed Mr. Weltz that Sunshine will not be accompanying him on his journey to the show tomorrow.  Instead, she's going to go out and paint the town shopping.  I truly believe that as a woman, it's my duty to log equal miles on shopping.  Right?

No comments: